Welcome to the Office of Clinical Research
The Office of Clinical Research seeks to promote human research for the advancement of healthcare while ensuring the highest level of research participant safety and facilitating the highest quality research.
Learn more about the OCR
Message to NIH grant applicants/awardees, contractors, researchers and research administrators:
If you are conducting NIH funded research that involves human subjects, or considering applying to NIH for support of such research, we want to call your attention to important changes that may affect you. Click to go to the original announcement of the NIHs new Clinical Trial Requirements for NIH Grantees and Contractors. Your attention to detail will be critical to ensuring successful funding of your clinical trial awards.
Note about GCP Training: The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) offers an Onboarding curriculum that provides comprehensive GCP training. Researchers who have already completed GCP training still have the option of accessing the GCP training tracks we offer:
- ACRP Good Clinical Practice Training
- Experienced for Principal Investigators
- Experienced for Clinical Research Coordinators
News-At-A-Glance (Highlighting Clinical Researchers at Penn)
- A new method improves the detection of cancerous lung nodules during surgery.
- If validated in larger studies, the technique could help surgeons detect and more effectively remove cancer from the lung.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team